Soumita Sarkar Ray
do dreams speak?
Will you give some more time?
for sweet dreams to grow.
What to expect from a mundane life?
a naive child at heart doesn't know.
A beautiful carefree world around
with loads of earthly love abound
capable to shake you with sound
that lately are lost in distant ground.
Good things to them come easy
in ice, chocolate and candy
wish to be among toys busy
hardly you can see their eyes dreamy.
On espying that they have grown taller
than the neighbourhood timid toddler
mind it-complaint they'll make no shorter
yes-when they reach your shoulder.
Hot hormones in veins flutter fast
books and libraries then become past
lo! girls in teens began to fast
oh! boys in teens with dirty tasks
can make you flabbergast
Dreams whisper in their sleep
now they have desires deep
sailing on and on-
in emotional colourful ships
then they began to take-
incredible unfathomable dips.
Soumita Sarkar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (do dreams speak? by Soumita Sarkar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Rapture, John Lars Zwerenz
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Filthy Creature, Shemsi Elsani
- Hear The Rain Typing, Kyle Schlicher
- 12 Hour Ceasefire, Not Here
- An english Or American Beauty Want I For.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cancer, Nassy Fesharaki
- Choosing The China Pattern For The Weddi.., mary douglas
- Bending lies into your truth, Leylek D. Sovura