Soumita Sarkar Ray
do dreams speak?
Will you give some more time?
for sweet dreams to grow.
What to expect from a mundane life?
a naive child at heart doesn't know.
A beautiful carefree world around
with loads of earthly love abound
capable to shake you with sound
that lately are lost in distant ground.
Good things to them come easy
in ice, chocolate and candy
wish to be among toys busy
hardly you can see their eyes dreamy.
On espying that they have grown taller
than the neighbourhood timid toddler
mind it-complaint they'll make no shorter
yes-when they reach your shoulder.
Hot hormones in veins flutter fast
books and libraries then become past
lo! girls in teens began to fast
oh! boys in teens with dirty tasks
can make you flabbergast
Dreams whisper in their sleep
now they have desires deep
sailing on and on-
in emotional colourful ships
then they began to take-
incredible unfathomable dips.
Soumita Sarkar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (do dreams speak? by Soumita Sarkar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- In A Sugared Quiet Lit By Multicoloured .., mary douglas
- Go on freely, gajanan mishra
- Mirror image, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Weaver Of Waves, Saiom Shriver
- THAT PALM-TREE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dune Fringed, Saiom Shriver
- Watery Arms, Saiom Shriver
- Wet With Words, George Egba
- From Chambered Shells, Saiom Shriver
- Blue Starred In The Blue Grass Spring Lu.., mary douglas