Sometimes a seed will not grow,
Removed from one earth to another is hell
Never reaching the same stellar highs
From whence it was picked:
Why is this - who can tell?
You might as well ask the rains
Why on earth they fell…
Why the snowflakes, melted
And why the puddle into which it all collected
Later on evaporated!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Disappointment by Mark Heathcote )
- Specialist, Edward Kofi Louis
- verse, oskar hansen
- No Joy, Edward Kofi Louis
- Showing Kindness To All Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar