The nights used to come with buckets of buds
And at dawn they all bloom into dreams
Now twilight brings for us only sounds
And in the morning they turn into
News of deaths from gun shots
To be precise
It is half a century and a decade ago
I have had my last laugh
Or have had a song from my heart
As I have been seeing the devils' duel
Over a tiny piece of land.
Neither I take a bath under the sun
Nor I see my face nor do I see the moon
In protest against the ugliness of human souls
Since the time I have seen
To shed human blood
For a few barrels of greed
Over a drop of little gain.
Abdul Wahab's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (>>>Devils' Duel by Abdul Wahab )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...
- Purpose Of Life!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Corridors, RoseAnn V. Shawiak