I am being driven into evil as if it were my calling,
The devil has caught me in the middle of my falling,
I have been turned and my horns are evolving
The door to hell is forever revolving.
Why have I been abandoned by hope?
Why has life cut the end of my rope?
I am forced to turn the tables to evil
I have lapsed into the realm of primeval.
My eyes are red with the fires of death
I shall remain hear until I breath my last breath.
Recruiting all the good that lies about,
I am the devils doer and of this I shout.
Wrong are the ways of my evil mind
I do not share your thoughts in kind.
I am now not of god or the do gooders way,
I am of evil, and with the devil I play.
Rik Bertrand's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Devils Doer by Rik Bertrand )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Loving is What Christmas is All About, Dorsey Baker
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne