Devil In The Promised Land (adult theme)
His eyes steel like loaded pistols,
cocked and ready to mark a target.
She steps into the light.
He aims. She bolts.
She slips through a door
and draws her first weapon.
'I feel lucky.'; she whispers.
She fires red lipstick across her open mouth,
pops the tube back into her holster purse,
and exits through the bathroom door.
Swaying toward the bar room, both barrels pointed,
she is already planning the stuff and mount.
Shirley Alexander's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Devil In The Promised Land (adult theme) by Shirley Alexander )
- Certain attitudes to be followed by the .., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Sorry-Wrong Number, Aftab Alam
- Gripes of. Freedom, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Jesus Of Nazareth, Naveed Khalid
- Keebored Problems, Phil Soar
- Antiques, Naveed Khalid
- Romance II, Naveed Khalid
- azoneofpoetryaartisphoenixnow, Nyein Way
- Dungeon, Naveed Khalid
- Rosicrucianism, Naveed Khalid