Devil In The Promised Land (adult theme)
His eyes steel like loaded pistols,
cocked and ready to mark a target.
She steps into the light.
He aims. She bolts.
She slips through a door
and draws her first weapon.
'I feel lucky.'; she whispers.
She fires red lipstick across her open mouth,
pops the tube back into her holster purse,
and exits through the bathroom door.
Swaying toward the bar room, both barrels pointed,
she is already planning the stuff and mount.
Shirley Alexander's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Devil In The Promised Land (adult theme) by Shirley Alexander )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Inferno, Gert Strydom
- Exactly in this time(ঠিক এইখিনি সময়তে), Bhaskar Rabha
- Evening conversation, Gert Strydom
- Place, laxami Cards
- teaching my baby girls, Jason Callender
- The Absorption(মগ্নতা), Bhaskar Rabha
- To My Daughters, Jason Callender
- Summer's Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- All Those Ancient Trees Sorrounded Home, Albert Martin
- Rebel with a Cause, Deborah Dalton