Devil In The Promised Land (adult theme)
His eyes steel like loaded pistols,
cocked and ready to mark a target.
She steps into the light.
He aims. She bolts.
She slips through a door
and draws her first weapon.
'I feel lucky.'; she whispers.
She fires red lipstick across her open mouth,
pops the tube back into her holster purse,
and exits through the bathroom door.
Swaying toward the bar room, both barrels pointed,
she is already planning the stuff and mount.
Shirley Alexander's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Devil In The Promised Land (adult theme) by Shirley Alexander )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Going Mad, Is It Poetry
- My Tears Dry On Their Own, Mpho Tsakata
- And She Wept Oh So Gently Upon My Shoulder, Tadej Blažic
- Sanctuary Silence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Toll, Adam Latham
- war why war, Jason Callender
- Sleeping Slumber, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Falling, Noradee Castillo
- Listen to the sound, Alex Adeoye
- SATAN'S HORDE, Tom Zart