DEMOCRACY OR WHAT... AUG 25TH,2013
Why does it seem; we should have more control of our politicians?
Because they act like elite aristocrats above suspicions,
Why are our senators appointed for life or seventy five?
How did they get there secretly and did they have to connive?
Where should I go to apply for a Senate position?
I might be too old and stupid but I still have some ambition,
Could our Senate handle a death-with-dignity clause?
Because the others are afraid so no one gets applause.
Why do I get the opinion, they avoid this subject like the plague?
Or if they answer a question; it is extremely vague,
Is this democracy or dictatorship or should we have to ask?
No set-date elections, DWD, referendums or up to the task.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (DEMOCRACY OR WHAT... AUG 25TH,2013 by James Bredin )
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
- The Road to Heaven is Only One, Dr John Celes
- Capable and real, hasmukh amathalal
- This Is What Makes A Rhyming Poem, arshad arshad
- I write not for you, Havilah
- This Isn't My Body, Elizabeth Tyrrell
- Love me..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Certainly prove, hasmukh amathalal
- I want to say goodbye, michael hagwood
- It is casual, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Tiffany Rose Moczydlowski
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns