Hidden passions lay deep
And men fall at their dainty feet,
With desire the slumber and sleep,
Slipping like ice upon streets of sleet.
Sweeping moods of cold and heat
Convert hearts take unbalance chances
A daring pursuit beneath our feet
Dark shadows move in silent dances.
A woman scorn can be disguised
To protect where treasure lies
The motives hidden in hearts and mind,
Comforts found in other arms.
This torment could invade briefly
In moments or a lifetime of hell,
Only those who suffer in agony,
Large stories of misery they can tell.
When darkness falls rooms are as ice
Life for both souls is twice despise
Locked in the secret torment of silence
Only the tincture of ambition will arise.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deep Passion by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Impressions of Garcia-Lorca on the Piano.., mary douglas
- PATIENCE, Stanley Oguh
- Last Words of A Dying Poet, Monica Lanier
- Wabi Sabi, wabi sabi
- Papier Mache, How Lovely Was the World, mary douglas
- Cassandra In Your Face, Terence G. Craddock
- Infamous Art Hotel Inhospitality, Terence G. Craddock
- Summer Music, Fireworks Melting the Ice .., mary douglas
- For Trilby My Ruby-Eyed Stick Horse, Wan.., mary douglas
- hollywood son, lee fones