Hidden passions lay deep
And men fall at their dainty feet,
With desire the slumber and sleep,
Slipping like ice upon streets of sleet.
Sweeping moods of cold and heat
Convert hearts take unbalance chances
A daring pursuit beneath our feet
Dark shadows move in silent dances.
A woman scorn can be disguised
To protect where treasure lies
The motives hidden in hearts and mind,
Comforts found in other arms.
This torment could invade briefly
In moments or a lifetime of hell,
Only those who suffer in agony,
Large stories of misery they can tell.
When darkness falls rooms are as ice
Life for both souls is twice despise
Locked in the secret torment of silence
Only the tincture of ambition will arise.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Deep Passion by Gerry Legister )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A bucket of paint, Piyush Dey
- Value be given, gajanan mishra
- Egypt, Tony Adah
- A Tribute To Gray's Elegy, Naveed Khalid
- Nothing i can offer, binod bastola
- Canonical, Naveed Khalid
- Africanesse not Darkness, Famoroti Odunayo Israel
- A Broken Mirror, Naveed Khalid
- Wings of Shakti, Poet Dragon
- Femme Fatale, Naveed Khalid