Is It Poetry
Death Within The Dream
dreams of death, you really shan't.
English is not the spoken tounge,
in every head.
Even if each thought,
that I am taught, I soon forget.
Do you, the other side,
I go at will, when deep in sleep.
There are often better things,
for me to do to you.
Than to watch you hidden, waiting, come.
the mist, you are often sleeping in.
I see the whirlpool's eye,
all the light, that I put in.
The cup is half empty, never full.
Darker is this moon, and it is.
I must see it,
laying on it's lighter side.
Open when I come.
And closing shut, as I look back.
when death is all you have.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death Within The Dream by Is It Poetry )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 February 1970-)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
Poem of the Day
- Watch UFC 183 Free Online Live Stream: S.., Kala John
- Drumming Senses, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lips Of Lies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Floating on Whimsy, Nika McGuin
- Weapon of Words, Yemi Amoo
- The Jars, Nika McGuin
- Heartfelt Trust, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- NIGHT WHISPER, john chizoba vincent
- Missing, Marilyn Jean
- Mourning Glory, RoseAnn V. Shawiak