Is It Poetry
Death In Battle
Human rights reserved I board that ship.
Grinning skulls white before you loose your breath.
Rising horses reaching hooves strike down.
Smooth bore muskets shredding flesh cry out.
Bonney lads hold on to mum and die.
Sadly dad he holds the sight inside.
Canon both the boys and lads the sky lights up.
Bloody ditches crush the souls of all that hide.
And death in battle sets the stage for all that might.
When glory is their living honour guard.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Death In Battle by Is It Poetry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Owl-Moon Night & The Rickshaw-puller, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Sagacious Senryus, Diane Hine
- A miner 49er (golden dreams), Monk E. Biz
- SATELLITE MOUTHS, alexander opicho
- Praying A Relief, Amitava Sur
- Infant Morning, Kyle Schlicher
- Broken Homes?, Ellirie Aviles
- What Saves Us, Bruce Weigl
- My Love For You, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Dream (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman