This is no longer a song, no human
hum. It can be heard reaching
as a last cry, in the depths of night,
of someone who has died.
Kostas Karyotakis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Critique by Kostas Karyotakis )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
David Herbert Lawrence
(11 September 1885 – 2 March 1930)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Clown in the Moon, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
Poem of the Day
- Pain and Love Thoughts, Tiger Auntunette
- THE PROXY, michael walkerjohn
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal