Oh, our little orange tree
all full of flowers
and like a bride dressed
all in white
in her prettiness,
in her wedding dress!
Oh, our little orange tree!
Up on its branches
It drinks the raindrops,
drinks the sunlight,
enjoys its little flowers,
enjoys the May,
plays with the wind,
and smells so sweet.
Kostas Karyotakis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bitter Oranges by Kostas Karyotakis )
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher