Crimes Against Myself
on pure white linen paper
once edged with the deepest
indigo ink, words of purest love.
Did they just pack up
and walk away,
hiding on some obsolete alphabet chart
or in an early speller?
I lost the words
to busy to say them when I could,
I let them fade away,
then lost my ability of expression,
running away from my life.
Or perhaps my words
were convicted and jailed
for crimes against myself.
I am a criminal,
judge me, punish me,
but pardon my words.
I am expressing them to you now;
each and every letter exposed
no longer hiding,
no longer afraid of loving you.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Crimes Against Myself by Captain Cur )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Fired For Facebook Defense Of Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Friend, Alfred Oyori
- Offer Peacefully, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..
- Seven Eleven, Nassy Fesharaki
- Synonyms For POET, Adriana Avila
- A Poem A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, Adriana Avila
- She looks Like a Princess, Rohit Sapra
- Just as I am., Roxanne Dubarry
- Winter night, Tom Squires
- mockingbird, oskar hansen