Confucius (acrostic) II
An MP who is he? …Eh! A bad doctor
Oppressive father x-university proctor
Government official doing his job,
Is he like you or me, I guess not, all gob.
More ideology than you can shake off a log
To him we’re peasants worked like a dog,
Be good and loyal, faithful to your master
Feared, good flock; follow him your pastor.
Than… a word like politician, you cannot trust!
A word you cannot start with, without being cussed.
TIGER, tiger, burning bright, satanic yeah, right!
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Confucius (acrostic) II by Mark Heathcote )
Did you read them?
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Holly Moon
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)