Lawrence S. Pertillar
Conditioned To Perform
Achieving to reach any notable status,
Doesn't happen with a guarantee.
Or comes painless to receive by one overnight.
Doubts are fought. Tears are cried.
With sacrifices made enduring loss of appetite.
Away from the eyesight of others.
Until daylight uncovers to expose one's deeds.
And then when one accomplishes to succeed,
The one likely surprised by it...
Is the one whose previous efforts had been dismissed.
Even though humbled by the acknowledgement given,
The one reaching to achieve with just the wish to do it...
Is often the one devoted to discipline and focus.
As if conditioned to perform like a programmed robot.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Conditioned To Perform by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Multiple Choice X, Morgan Michaels
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.37, Robert Graber
- hold me with both hands, Mandolyn ...
- Portrait Of A Woman, Buxton Shippy
- Visions Of The Song In Seven, P.D. Turner
- Tears for Oklahoma City, Roger A. Rose
- If there were no flowers, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Rumors, Lilly Emery
- Pitcher, Morgan Michaels
- Faits Sonnet, sheade rudman