Lawrence S. Pertillar
Conditioned To Perform
Achieving to reach any notable status,
Doesn't happen with a guarantee.
Or comes painless to receive by one overnight.
Doubts are fought. Tears are cried.
With sacrifices made enduring loss of appetite.
Away from the eyesight of others.
Until daylight uncovers to expose one's deeds.
And then when one accomplishes to succeed,
The one likely surprised by it...
Is the one whose previous efforts had been dismissed.
Even though humbled by the acknowledgement given,
The one reaching to achieve with just the wish to do it...
Is often the one devoted to discipline and focus.
As if conditioned to perform like a programmed robot.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Conditioned To Perform by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ku mund ta gjej demonin e arsyes? ....., skender iljaz braka
- Music is a miracle..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Irresistible Sweetness, kayanja isaac
- Not a journey by train, Stephen Brian Brady
- आंखौ दाबावदे सना, Bahadur Basumatary
- No Choice, Elia Michael
- Bury My Unwillingness, Margaret Alice Second
- An advice, Somanathan Iyer
- Too long, too short, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Its been four months now, Vangile Mtyali