When from its nest, the babyish sun
Nestles in my window, curls
Into my room, snuggles
Down into my blanket, cuddles
Me by its glossy hands, I know
Into my ears, it sings
The first song of the morn.
Down the window and down the lane
A tree, the branches of which on the drums
And the leaves dance in concord, when
The chirps, the tweets, the caws sing
In chorus, the hymn of the morn.
From inside of my inner dome, then
And precisely from the kitchen
The amusing, funny crockery
Of brass, metal and steel
And the sink and its funny whistle
Synchronically, in harmony
Play the symphony
For a long day's song!
And, I'm in love
with my comfort zone!
Susanta Pattnayak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Comfort Zone by Susanta Pattnayak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...