I stood at a stones throw
Below me, there was nothing.
i caught a glimpse.
Splashed off rocks covered in water
Under stone, sediment.
My arm grabbing for the first branches rushing past.
Nicking my knee,
with fish nipping at my toes.
My body twisting
wreathed in my clothes.
Then it was cold.
Tasting bitter water.
Starring up and through
Flowing fast blue stained glass.
Trees waving with a cool spring breeze.
I can't scream out
I'm getting warmer
Light crushes the water barrier
Grabs my logged body.
An instant I'm in my bed
A figure ushers me to relax
Take a deep breath
And go to sleep.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cold rush by Joe Kelley )
- Llama Looks Up, Warren Falcon
- Mad Cow Gelatin, Saiom Shriver
- My Wish One Day, But..., Luis Estable
- Now That I Love You, abigail sikwenda
- AMALFI COAST, Elia Michael
- My Lover`s Lips Are Honey, Luis Estable
- when i inhaled you..., Mandolyn ...
- The Dance Of Death, Luis Estable
- language is not so much anymore, Mandolyn ...
- A Crazy Noisy Bird, Wasim Akram