Closer To My Dreams
To be more like Jesus is the goal, to make momma proud is the life, and to find all I would every need in a girl is the dream. Thinking about life while others live it. Hard not to desire what I see on the screens, moniters and in advertisements. The dreams money can buy, drake, makes me envy. All the times I'm on the court and seen what I wanted cheering me on. I didn't give her the chance. No cold shoulder just was about basketball back then. I miss all the bold females that would ask me for some time and really mean it, without asking for a dime.
Times like that when I needed a father figure to show me how to treat a lady. Well I don't have a good reason to complain Jesus didn't see his real father either. Church got me feeling so high jets see me flying by. The reminder of life isn't my own keeps me humble.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Closer To My Dreams by Alex Kenneh )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- From lord, hasmukh amathalal
- Kept In The Shadow, John Ugolo Umah
- Your Attachments Speak Volumes, LUVinThe NOW
- Lended Life, John Ugolo Umah
- If I Can, John Ugolo Umah
- End Begins, Philo Yan
- What Was The Gift?, John Ugolo Umah
- What It is In My Karma, Dharma? (My Unse.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Just Flow In Love ~~~ ~~~ ~~~, LUVinThe NOW
- Wish I Could Come With You!, Geetha Jayakumar