Closer To My Dreams
To be more like Jesus is the goal, to make momma proud is the life, and to find all I would every need in a girl is the dream. Thinking about life while others live it. Hard not to desire what I see on the screens, moniters and in advertisements. The dreams money can buy, drake, makes me envy. All the times I'm on the court and seen what I wanted cheering me on. I didn't give her the chance. No cold shoulder just was about basketball back then. I miss all the bold females that would ask me for some time and really mean it, without asking for a dime.
Times like that when I needed a father figure to show me how to treat a lady. Well I don't have a good reason to complain Jesus didn't see his real father either. Church got me feeling so high jets see me flying by. The reminder of life isn't my own keeps me humble.
Alex Kenneh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Closer To My Dreams by Alex Kenneh )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma
- - Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Culprits!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Beautiful Woman II, Edward Kofi Louis