Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky
Has time come? I’m fully ready.
If we’ve sinned – there’s no a chance…
We – to prisons, they – to gladness…
Give to children – sun and grass!
When one’s child – the life’s thread’s thinner,
Days are shorter in that age…
Do not scold a little ‘sinner’,
Pet a child without edge.
You’re a looser if whenever
Cannot understand your child,
Drew child’s whisper – what’s a shame there!
Bigger shame – to raise his fright!
But the sinless children’s tears
Can’t be dried, tho’ you confess,
‘Tis because they always bear
Jesus Christ in holly rays.
But they which live like in prisons,
Whose arms are the thinnest threads…
People! Brothers! Aren’t these reasons
Why our peace is only death?
Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Children by Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- KEEP AWAY FROM MY BRIMMING BOWL, Om Chawla
- I Seen, Jose Torres Junior
- I Seen..., Jose Torres Junior
- Duet, John deVries
- Chuh, John deVries
- Blurry, Jose Armando Guzman
- Salome (Rubiyat sonnet), Gert Strydom
- See everything pure, gajanan mishra
- When I hold you tightly against me, Gert Strydom
- the gramophone record, Somanathan Iyer