Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky
Has time come? I’m fully ready.
If we’ve sinned – there’s no a chance…
We – to prisons, they – to gladness…
Give to children – sun and grass!
When one’s child – the life’s thread’s thinner,
Days are shorter in that age…
Do not scold a little ‘sinner’,
Pet a child without edge.
You’re a looser if whenever
Cannot understand your child,
Drew child’s whisper – what’s a shame there!
Bigger shame – to raise his fright!
But the sinless children’s tears
Can’t be dried, tho’ you confess,
‘Tis because they always bear
Jesus Christ in holly rays.
But they which live like in prisons,
Whose arms are the thinnest threads…
People! Brothers! Aren’t these reasons
Why our peace is only death?
Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Children by Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- Epilogue, Lawrence Beck
- broken wing, Cee Bea
- Planet Control, Joseph Archer
- My Struggle, Michael P. McParland
- Nervous Wreck, Michael P. McParland
- Bäume, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Infinity Divided By Zero, Michael P. McParland
- Inner nightmare, iluneos periform
- Light, Isaac Maliya
- Trapped in a dewy glistening web, Mark Heathcote