Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky
Has time come? I’m fully ready.
If we’ve sinned – there’s no a chance…
We – to prisons, they – to gladness…
Give to children – sun and grass!
When one’s child – the life’s thread’s thinner,
Days are shorter in that age…
Do not scold a little ‘sinner’,
Pet a child without edge.
You’re a looser if whenever
Cannot understand your child,
Drew child’s whisper – what’s a shame there!
Bigger shame – to raise his fright!
But the sinless children’s tears
Can’t be dried, tho’ you confess,
‘Tis because they always bear
Jesus Christ in holly rays.
But they which live like in prisons,
Whose arms are the thinnest threads…
People! Brothers! Aren’t these reasons
Why our peace is only death?
Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Children by Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Believe In Love, Naveed Akram
- When You Speak to Your God, Robert Kane
- A Perception Of Love., richard harris
- Poetry of Motion, Jack Growden
- GAZA غزة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- whats the point?, binod bastola
- If You Should Read This Poem, David Munene wa Kimberly
- Holy! Holy!, Naveed Khalid
- My Mother, Tony Adah
- Mutability, Naveed Khalid