Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky
Has time come? I’m fully ready.
If we’ve sinned – there’s no a chance…
We – to prisons, they – to gladness…
Give to children – sun and grass!
When one’s child – the life’s thread’s thinner,
Days are shorter in that age…
Do not scold a little ‘sinner’,
Pet a child without edge.
You’re a looser if whenever
Cannot understand your child,
Drew child’s whisper – what’s a shame there!
Bigger shame – to raise his fright!
But the sinless children’s tears
Can’t be dried, tho’ you confess,
‘Tis because they always bear
Jesus Christ in holly rays.
But they which live like in prisons,
Whose arms are the thinnest threads…
People! Brothers! Aren’t these reasons
Why our peace is only death?
Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Children by Innokenty Fedorovich Annensky )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Why Can't I Sleep, rty rty
- जेब्ला आं जिरायना थायो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Once Upon A Time, Matthias Pantaleon
- Public opinion on peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- BEWILDERED CONFUSED, Michael P. Johnson
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- A few, very few, too few..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Aching Bad, Michael P. McParland
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..