You, my bed,
Four legged minotaur
Soft-bellied gestapo man,
I am your running gypsy
Your Greek take-away.
Do you spy me when
I put a cross through a line
Or eat a cupcake?
With your spectacled deep black
You must smell my fear through your
Pink flabbed ringed nostrils.
My fear, my fear.
You get me.
I fall off the hour hand
As it re-loads at twelve
And you chew me all night.
Your stubby cow teeth are worse
Than lead weights
A sea of heavy water.
You torture worse than history said so.
Did Mr. Perseus have to go
Through the tar-black maze
Whilst you gassed it?
And you couldn't hold back
Flooding me with your hot
Salt sea. I wake in it.
You've branded it on my thick-veined forhead.
I pick the chlorine coloured sleep from my eyes
And roll off your noxious tongue
For another day.
Sandy Player's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Child's Sleep by Sandy Player )
- Goodnight Kiss, Nicholas Nikolov
- MURIEL, Donald R Charon
- GLENDA, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Close To You, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- CREDITOR, Donald R Charon
- Tales Of A Wife: Lady Liberty, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Lament Of Many, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Misguided, Donald R Charon
- NATURE'S INFLUENCE, Donald R Charon
- How Was Your Day?, Donald R Charon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)