You, my bed,
Four legged minotaur
Soft-bellied gestapo man,
I am your running gypsy
Your Greek take-away.
Do you spy me when
I put a cross through a line
Or eat a cupcake?
With your spectacled deep black
You must smell my fear through your
Pink flabbed ringed nostrils.
My fear, my fear.
You get me.
I fall off the hour hand
As it re-loads at twelve
And you chew me all night.
Your stubby cow teeth are worse
Than lead weights
A sea of heavy water.
You torture worse than history said so.
Did Mr. Perseus have to go
Through the tar-black maze
Whilst you gassed it?
And you couldn't hold back
Flooding me with your hot
Salt sea. I wake in it.
You've branded it on my thick-veined forhead.
I pick the chlorine coloured sleep from my eyes
And roll off your noxious tongue
For another day.
Sandy Player's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Child's Sleep by Sandy Player )
- Limerick-66, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- winter nights, lee fones
- The Raging Fire, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Veni, Vidi, Vici, Jasbir Chatterjee
- Escape to Freedom, Bareerah Bilal
- - White Buffalo -, Joe Muschaweck
- Plants are Soul of Earth, Rohit Sapra
- Phenomenal Woman या 'सम्पूर्ण स्त्री' (H.., Rajnish Manga
- Spell, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Forgiveness, Bareerah Bilal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)