It tastes sweet,
A syrupy figure of strawberry juice
Spiralling like a typhoon in the glass,
Tastes sweet as I kiss the rim
Into the corners of my mouth like
Two blunt knives.
I used to play a little with
The pills before hiding them away in me
One by one but
I crack the packets open this time
Like Christmas crackers
And take a suprise bomb; a bad joke.
The back of my mouth and the top of my throat
Wave on the first green coated hero
And the second doesn't stick either
But the next go in
As commandos whose cover is blown;
Like the poisonous murderers they are.
I take a moment to clear
The field of gas,
My lips have a shake at
The idea of letting something out,
But I know it'll make the sticky trench clearer.
The fruty scent escapes the glass
And sings arie in my nose.
It seems I'm wrong.
The next two go down like a tub of salt in a childs throat
And then my agents are thrown out with
All the acidic debris they created.
The mess prods my eyes;
Tells me I wasn't quite ready,
And overpowers the aroma sickening my nostrils.
Next time it says.
Sandy Player's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Strawberry Typhoon by Sandy Player )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Once More, Marites C. Cayetano
- Now it is my turn, gajanan mishra
- The Riches, Cee Bea
- Forgotten, Priyanka Bhowmick
- The courage to fight, Yisel Chong
- Segment replicates the Whole, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Monday After The Weekend, Ernest Elliot Daka
- More than my knowing, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- These are snow, as far as I know, Pijush Biswas
- 1, Diane Hine