Cherry Blossoms In A Deserted Platform
Shadows whistle past like the sound of a sea
The platform emptied with nothing but me
drenched in raindrops that early may brings
My cherry tree's away, my pretty pretty thing...
Far beyond puppets and rugged grasslands
All that defines and denies grains of sand
Written in scarlet like blood of days yore
My cherry tree's away and the northern wind sores...
Nights dagger with sparkling diamonds
Thirty two brunettes and sixty-four blonds
Stampede around me with faces so dark
My cherry tree's silent as the western sky smirked
Tell me how you are in letters prolonged
Write beyond destiny, beyond our swan song
Come back in moonlight through shimmering clouds
My cherry tree's all mine as blossoms sing loud...
Debayudh Chatterjee's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cherry Blossoms In A Deserted Platform by Debayudh Chatterjee )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Thou hast dove eyes, thou hast dove eyes., devon da poet
- Habits, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- CAN'T GET THERE., Terry Collett
- Blurred vision., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- One Hundred and Eleven Cranks, Mitchell Gonzalez
- Want Versus Need..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Why we quarrel., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Death in action., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The River! The River!, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Of Respect To The Rose...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR