CHARTER AND APPOINTED SENATE... FEB 5TH,2014
CHARTER AND THE APPOINTED SENATE … FEB 5TH,
We have a Charter of Rights but we are denied the right to die,
If you come down with some painful disease; you might wonder why?
They have this right in about ten US states but we are denied,
Maybe Pauline, premier of Quebec over there, will get it applied.
The Ottawa aristocrats get their appointments to stay,
In the Senate by party connections and they are very well paid,
But you don’t know them and they stay till they’re seventy five,
By that time in the future, you may not even be alive.
Elites reluctant to change things because of the Charter of Rights,
And of course this is all to the Senate appointees delights,
Therefore the appointees will stay in forever and a day,
Unless Stephen finds a reason to kick them out without pay.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CHARTER AND APPOINTED SENATE... FEB 5TH,2014 by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Keep Smiling!, Geetha Jayakumar
- THE LAST SCENE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Gone, Kareem Sameh
- Muskurathey Raho!, Geetha Jayakumar
- A Few Stars Tonight, Jesus James Llorico
- T. V. Premiere, Sandra Feldman
- Exclusive Few Lines Designed For....., Geetha Jayakumar
- नहीं करेंगे एतबार.. nahi karenge, hasmukh amathalal
- Voiceless Prayer, Kate Harrington
- Lines, Kate Harrington