CHARTER AND APPOINTED SENATE... FEB 5TH,2014
CHARTER AND THE APPOINTED SENATE … FEB 5TH,
We have a Charter of Rights but we are denied the right to die,
If you come down with some painful disease; you might wonder why?
They have this right in about ten US states but we are denied,
Maybe Pauline, premier of Quebec over there, will get it applied.
The Ottawa aristocrats get their appointments to stay,
In the Senate by party connections and they are very well paid,
But you don’t know them and they stay till they’re seventy five,
By that time in the future, you may not even be alive.
Elites reluctant to change things because of the Charter of Rights,
And of course this is all to the Senate appointees delights,
Therefore the appointees will stay in forever and a day,
Unless Stephen finds a reason to kick them out without pay.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (CHARTER AND APPOINTED SENATE... FEB 5TH,2014 by James Bredin )
- Morning Coffee, Bill Grace
- Happenstance Things, Patti Masterman
- Loot-Hoot-Shoot, Aftab Alam
- The Children See Colors, Hebert Logerie
- Ulterior motive, hasmukh amathalal
- Fast Women Speedily Breathing, Luva Boy
- With contentment, hasmukh amathalal
- Not Mini-Apolis, Von Kimball Barney
- NO TIME WASTED, Peter LeBuhn
- Our World, Claude H Oliver II