You're a girl
and you'd better not forget
that when you cross the threshold of your house
men will look askance at you.
When you keep on walking down the lane
men will follow you and whistle.
When you cross the lane and step onto the main road
men will revile you, call you a loose woman.
If you've no character
you'll turn back,
and if you have
you'll keep on going
as you're going now.
Taslima Nasrin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Character by Taslima Nasrin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Let Us Think Out The Autocrat, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Little Joyful Drummer, Bulat Okudzhava
- Francois Villon, Bulat Okudzhava
- Islands., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Media does Manthara, S.D. TIWARI
- The Eighteenth Age, Bulat Okudzhava
- Nothing but the truth, gajanan mishra
- Pregnant Smile, Maureen Alikor
- The Cuirassier's Little Song, Bulat Okudzhava
- Let Not Dogmatic Be., Emmanuel George Cefai