Frank V. Gardner
Chain of Twenty Five
Another year has passed, my love,
And now it's twenty five:
The total years our marriage has
Been true, and been alive.
We've moved a dozen times in all,
And shared good times with bad.
We've traveled many thousand miles.
Adventures, we have had.
Nine children have been born to us,
And one grandchild, as well.
We're in McLean three years by now.
It seems like quite a spell.
My job has separated us
Each year from time to time.
Let's hope New York will be the last
Occasion for such rhyme.
Last year it was Geneva,
With the work on Law of Sea,
That kept the miles between us
On our anniversary.
This year that same old group is in
New York, and so am I;
But 'ere this day is over,
I'll be with you, at your side.
With this in mind, I went to find,
And found a silver chain,
With twenty-five connecting links;
To us they appertain.
One link, each year that we have lived,
Together, hand in hand.
Those links to mark the lives we've shared,
As, side by side, we stand.
It's silver, and it's twenty five.
It marks our years of love.
So, wear it well. We give our thanks
To Father up above.
Frank V. Gardner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chain of Twenty Five by Frank V. Gardner )
- Wrapped In Silk, michael walkerjohn
- My Prayer, Clive Blake
- AFTER THESE MISTS AND FOGS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Creek of death!, SALINI NAIR
- Your Coronation, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Love You, How To Say, Get It Sent Acro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Right To Prevail, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Scarecrow, Naveed Khalid
- Beav Cleave - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Hotel, Randy Resh
Poem of the Day
- The Brook, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- An Enigma, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)