Frank V. Gardner
Chain of Twenty Five
Another year has passed, my love,
And now it's twenty five:
The total years our marriage has
Been true, and been alive.
We've moved a dozen times in all,
And shared good times with bad.
We've traveled many thousand miles.
Adventures, we have had.
Nine children have been born to us,
And one grandchild, as well.
We're in McLean three years by now.
It seems like quite a spell.
My job has separated us
Each year from time to time.
Let's hope New York will be the last
Occasion for such rhyme.
Last year it was Geneva,
With the work on Law of Sea,
That kept the miles between us
On our anniversary.
This year that same old group is in
New York, and so am I;
But 'ere this day is over,
I'll be with you, at your side.
With this in mind, I went to find,
And found a silver chain,
With twenty-five connecting links;
To us they appertain.
One link, each year that we have lived,
Together, hand in hand.
Those links to mark the lives we've shared,
As, side by side, we stand.
It's silver, and it's twenty five.
It marks our years of love.
So, wear it well. We give our thanks
To Father up above.
Frank V. Gardner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chain of Twenty Five by Frank V. Gardner )
- My Address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who Wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till you come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah
- Your Party, Dog goD 8Hate