Frank V. Gardner
Chain of Thirty Three and Bracelet of Nine
Eight years ago in old New York,
I found a special shop
With silver things from Argentina;
Quality, the top.
I bought a silver necklace there,
With links of twenty five,
To mark that anniversary,
Our married love, alive.
I was assigned to Argentina
Some ten months ago.
We thought of adding to the necklace,
Since we liked it so.
We found an expert jeweler here,
And Sellar was his name.
He thought that he could find eight silver
Links made just the same.
Well, twenty five and eight, you see,
Add up to thirty three,
Which this year marks our married love,
But eight links didn't seem enough
To make it worth his while,
As Gerry felt a bracelet
Might make old Sellar smile.
So, Frank then ordered nine more links
Of silver in a chain,
To represent our children and
Configured just the the same.
Now, Gerry has a matching set,
That suits her mighty fine:
The necklace chain of thirty three,
And bracelet of nine.
(For our thirty-third wedding anniversary, April 21,1984, Buenos Aires, Argentina.)
Frank V. Gardner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chain of Thirty Three and Bracelet of Nine by Frank V. Gardner )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 March 1941 -)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Resent therefore, hasmukh amathalal
- Colour, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- Not feasible, hasmukh amathalal
- The heart, Leong Ming Loong
- Not shy away, hasmukh amathalal
- Time, novoti gcisakazi Calpurnia j ..
- who, Cee Bea
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sometimes It Feels So Bad, Md. Ziaul Haque