Frank V. Gardner
Chain of Thirty Three and Bracelet of Nine
Eight years ago in old New York,
I found a special shop
With silver things from Argentina;
Quality, the top.
I bought a silver necklace there,
With links of twenty five,
To mark that anniversary,
Our married love, alive.
I was assigned to Argentina
Some ten months ago.
We thought of adding to the necklace,
Since we liked it so.
We found an expert jeweler here,
And Sellar was his name.
He thought that he could find eight silver
Links made just the same.
Well, twenty five and eight, you see,
Add up to thirty three,
Which this year marks our married love,
But eight links didn't seem enough
To make it worth his while,
As Gerry felt a bracelet
Might make old Sellar smile.
So, Frank then ordered nine more links
Of silver in a chain,
To represent our children and
Configured just the the same.
Now, Gerry has a matching set,
That suits her mighty fine:
The necklace chain of thirty three,
And bracelet of nine.
(For our thirty-third wedding anniversary, April 21,1984, Buenos Aires, Argentina.)
Frank V. Gardner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chain of Thirty Three and Bracelet of Nine by Frank V. Gardner )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr