Frank V. Gardner
Chain of Thirty Three and Bracelet of Nine
Eight years ago in old New York,
I found a special shop
With silver things from Argentina;
Quality, the top.
I bought a silver necklace there,
With links of twenty five,
To mark that anniversary,
Our married love, alive.
I was assigned to Argentina
Some ten months ago.
We thought of adding to the necklace,
Since we liked it so.
We found an expert jeweler here,
And Sellar was his name.
He thought that he could find eight silver
Links made just the same.
Well, twenty five and eight, you see,
Add up to thirty three,
Which this year marks our married love,
But eight links didn't seem enough
To make it worth his while,
As Gerry felt a bracelet
Might make old Sellar smile.
So, Frank then ordered nine more links
Of silver in a chain,
To represent our children and
Configured just the the same.
Now, Gerry has a matching set,
That suits her mighty fine:
The necklace chain of thirty three,
And bracelet of nine.
(For our thirty-third wedding anniversary, April 21,1984, Buenos Aires, Argentina.)
Frank V. Gardner's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Chain of Thirty Three and Bracelet of Nine by Frank V. Gardner )
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
- Love or Sex?, Md. Ziaul Haque
- The founder is his movement's soul., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Rickshaw and the Puller, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns