Catullus, Poem 85, Hate and Love*
I hate and I love,
You might ask, how do I explain it?
I do not know,
But I feel it happening and
It tears me apart.
Original in Latin
Odi et Amo,
Catullus, Carmen 85, Odi et Amo
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
STANLEY PACION's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Catullus, Poem 85, Hate and Love* by STANLEY PACION )
Poem of the Day
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)