Adam M. Snow
Tick tock, how time does fly,
slipping through my fingers;
wasting my days till I die.
The morning tides, a blessing;
I should seize the day.
Another day leaving me guessing,
if time itself would stray.
Yet my hours foretold of that of bore;
I lose myself within.
Many times of yore.
Many times of then.
So I gaze upon the clock;
the hands slowly pass,
slower with the hours flock.
I without a cause;
I feel lost with time
For me, time does not pause-
when I long for sublime.
I admit I am weak,
I am only a man;
whom were as bleak,
whom without a plan.
Lost in life and in time,
without a reason for a reason;
the only truest crime.
The echo of the ticking clock-
cries out, mocking me;
grasping time by the stock,
yet still I refuse to see.
Confusion reigns over me,
I know not my desire;
whether to die or to see,
whether time cast out my fire.
My fire, the urge to live on,
through the days of down;
the hours marks my dawn.
I am blessed with a gift of a new day;
it should not go to waste.
Being as it may,
I shouldn't have haste.
I've taken life for granted,
it is just that;
this life I lived is canted,
like time itself begat.
Life is fragile, I shall not stray;
time is only a memory;
I should seized the day.
Adam M. Snow's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Carpe Diem by Adam M. Snow )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Who Ever Loved That Loved Not at First S.., Christopher Marlowe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Poe's Venture, Folayemi Akande
- Our Loving, Caring God, Dr John Celes
- Momentary Separation, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Divine Bond, Md. Ziaul Haque
- SERENDIPITY, Aminath Neena
- To Be Intelligent, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Youth, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Prosetic [Prosaic + Poetic], Md. Ziaul Haque
- My Love for You is Reborn, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Kindness, Reagan A. Latumbo