Whenever we go
to an amusement park or fair,
I’m eagerly on the lookout
for the candyfloss sold there.
The light pink candyfloss –
I just can’t stop marveling
at how skillfully it’s made
to look like a pink fluffy cloud at sunset.
I’ve always been wanting
to touch a soft fluffy cloud
and candyfloss is truly
a good substitute for a cloud.
I love the blissful feel of it
in my mouth where -
it melts within moments
into sweet nothingness.
Whenever I eat candyfloss,
I hope I can freeze time and make it last –
All good things must come to an end.
So I wait for another trip
to the amusement park or fair
so that I can feast my eyes and taste buds
on the candyfloss sold there.
14 July 2010
10: 30 am
Gita Ashok's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Candyfloss by Gita Ashok )
- Sunset, Littlewing28 Pani
- what is kinte, kinte allah
- Peace Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- how far can i go on?, fareeha ghafoor
- I came to you, Gert Strydom
- The days that are past, Gert Strydom
- When morning is BEST, Antonio Liao
- clear color, Howard MacDougall
- A festival...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- A Young Boy, RoseAnn V. Shawiak