Whenever we go
to an amusement park or fair,
I’m eagerly on the lookout
for the candyfloss sold there.
The light pink candyfloss –
I just can’t stop marveling
at how skillfully it’s made
to look like a pink fluffy cloud at sunset.
I’ve always been wanting
to touch a soft fluffy cloud
and candyfloss is truly
a good substitute for a cloud.
I love the blissful feel of it
in my mouth where -
it melts within moments
into sweet nothingness.
Whenever I eat candyfloss,
I hope I can freeze time and make it last –
All good things must come to an end.
So I wait for another trip
to the amusement park or fair
so that I can feast my eyes and taste buds
on the candyfloss sold there.
14 July 2010
10: 30 am
Gita Ashok's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Candyfloss by Gita Ashok )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- love as a natural disaster that can't be.., Hyeladai kwapaya
- बहा आंनि मिनिनाया, Ronjoy Brahma
- A few, very few, too few..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Aching Bad, Michael P. McParland
- Essence of world peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- love heals, Hyeladai kwapaya
- Republic day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Heart of a Broken Hearted Girl, Serenity Anderson
- PH: Life: Black On White, Brian Johnston
- Experiencing Peace, RoseAnn V. Shawiak