Can You Take It In
Ya can't believe all which appears before you, before us
Take time and zen
Embrace inner strengths
And you'll tough it out in the end.
Take it upon yourself..
Know what's worth the struggle
What is a journey to travel..
A trail to turn from..
Or a path to leave behind..
Footprints, left by
Or stumbling along?
Find a way; Feel the way
Endure through all possibilities
Open up! !
Search your mind..
Let the lilies all bloom out..
Take a deep breath!
Take in the aromas..
Of the air
Absorb the sun..
That glow on your face..
So beautiful, so rare..
So deadly your stare! ?
How can this be..
Such a conflicted creature
Not knowing where to stand..
Unwilling to conform..
So lead the way!
Let us through!
Dream your dreams! ! ..
You must stay alive..
You must keep breathing..
Every word that traps you can set you free..
Fine, don't believe! !
But know this: every part of you is someone else's too...
Every moment of desperation.. Hey we've all been there..
Every insecurity.. possibility.. beauty, shame, and.. sleep!
We do know! They do know!
For... we all share the same soul..
Crazy talk is similar to truth..
People don't accept it..
Denying it for long as they can..
When forced upon them, they cannot bear it..
People.. just can't explain it!
What is that feeling...
Can.. you name it?
Who is this person..
Is.. she famous..?
Can love explain this?
This rambling on of words..
Do they hold value..
Or are they meaningless.. to you?
Tell me.. the Truth..
Do you feel.. any Emotion?
Any pain or grief or sorrow?
Any euphoric joy or peace?
Do you know.. that I know you..
Where you live..
Why you can't sleep..?
Okay, yea, I'm messing with you..; P
But hey.. you can only be expecting.. pleasantly amused.. or deceived..
Why block yourself off from the world..
Do you need protecting?
Hah.. Curiosity is all you need..
Every greeting, fight, and parting..
You will need to.. To survive..
On this face.. Of the world..
This unparalleled society..
This so judgmental world..
Creative.. And upheld..
Competition at its fiercest.. But.. few know what's going on..
And is there hope..
I betcha so!
Liliana EL.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can You Take It In by Liliana EL. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 June 1952 -)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Rainbow's Promise, renu kakkar
- Andhere Kaa Deepak, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- You are all here, gajanan mishra
- Blue Wedding Bells Ring, Ken e Hall
- The Battleground, Leong Ming Loong
- An inner core, hasmukh amathalal
- Indeed I am no good so by Rasul Gamzatov, Yuri Starostin
- 1400 grams of wisdom (Merry Christmas), devon da poet
- Aspirations Inherited, Perveiz Ali
- Chimp Chomp - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Night Sky, Paul Gerard Reed
- '' Life And Death '', bri mar