I can’t believe that you are gone
For you are all around
You’re here in everything I see
In every passing sound
It cannot be that you no more
Could ever speak or sing
Your words will always nourish me
To soothe and comfort bring
And as you kiss my eager lips
With breath as sweet as rain
Your hand takes mine, and then I know
I’ll feel it there again
Still living yet within this room
Still sitting in your chair
You’re watching every move I make
Yes, you are everywhere
And as I lay upon my bed
All through the silent hours
I know that you are with me still
Your scent is in the flowers
You’ll always be within my world
And here within my space
As death shall not divide, my love,
Nor steal away your face
For in my mind your presence dwells
Always within my heart
You walk beside me every day
For we shall never part
I won’t believe that you are gone
I’ll never let you go
You’ll always be right here with me
Or else I’d miss you so
Valerie Dohren's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Can't Believe by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- Mu jaha karibaku jauchhi (Odia), gajanan mishra
- What I am going to do, gajanan mishra
- It's My Lie, Leria Hawkins
- O, Believe! Yes, Believe!, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- The Best Is Yet To Come, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Hope, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- Let the fire, gajanan mishra
- I Hear Her Singing, Chris Schleier, Jr.
- New Déjà Vu, Maharishi Deja Vu
- The Autumn Divine, Chris Schleier, Jr.