Narsinh Mehta (1414? – 1481? / Talaja, Bhavnagar, Gujarat / India)
By the grace of the holy ones
By the grace of the holy ones, all things turn out well
And by Krishna’s grace, one attains Krishna himself
By the grace of the world, one is born repeatedly in various forms!
By the grace of the holy ones, all things turn out well...
Ever engrossed in the company of the lord’s devotees,
The holy ones are ever happy and never do they grieve,
The world, however, roams around maddened
And trapped in its own intricate snares.
By the grace of the holy ones, all things turn out well.
The worldliness goes against Hari, for the layers and layers of sin, put him away,
So strengthen your devotion
Says Narsaiyyo, serve the holy ones and the Truth
And you will surely attain the ultimate bliss...
By the grace of the holy ones, all things turn out well..
Poet Other Poems
- Always Up To Some Prank
- 'Ananta' is the name of my infallible me...
- As if it was rapture of rains of milk
- At what auspicious hour did you stick to...
- Awake O Jadava
- Be Still, Be Still, O Moon, Do Not Make ...
- By the grace of the holy ones
- Cherish red, love, for the beautiful sea...
- Cold, cold is my bed in winter!
- Come friend! Let's go and behold...
- Cover me with a blanket O Kanha,
- Dark clouds thunder and Madhava dances!
- Dearer than life is the Vaishnava to me
- Don’t untie the threads of my choli
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.