Peter Daniel Phiri
Burdens Of HIV
She does not have to suffer from stigma and discrimination,
She is just a child born with HIV;
A curse that will not respect her innocence or her purity.
Her mother lies in bed fighting for her life,
Some part of her wants to die and face judgement,
But the other yearns to stage an impossible fight;
To go back five years in time and prevent the pregnancy.
She can only recall her memory of an innocent youth turning so rogue.
With the eagerness to explore her sexuality,
And emotions rushing through her blood;
The pleasure of his hand touching her body,
And his adventures into her fruitful domain.
As her tummy grew,
Her fears grew together with it.
With the father gone,
And disgrace borne.
She did not afford a hospital,
The midwife delivered her And handed her her God given gift,
Which later seemed like a curse once HIV started tormenting her;
And made her life a living hell.
She recieves punishment for the sins of the father.
A sexual partner of many
And a carrier of Aids,
Who like many,
Ignore the fight against HIV/AIDS.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burdens Of HIV by Peter Daniel Phiri )
- My Prayer, Clive Blake
- AFTER THESE MISTS AND FOGS, M.D Dinesh Nair
- Creek of death!, SALINI NAIR
- Your Coronation, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- I Love You, How To Say, Get It Sent Acro.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Right To Prevail, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Scarecrow, Naveed Khalid
- Beav Cleave - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- Hotel, Randy Resh
- I SLEEP FOR A FEW DREAMS, M.D Dinesh Nair
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Farewell, William Wordsworth
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)