Peter Daniel Phiri
Burdens Of HIV
She does not have to suffer from stigma and discrimination,
She is just a child born with HIV;
A curse that will not respect her innocence or her purity.
Her mother lies in bed fighting for her life,
Some part of her wants to die and face judgement,
But the other yearns to stage an impossible fight;
To go back five years in time and prevent the pregnancy.
She can only recall her memory of an innocent youth turning so rogue.
With the eagerness to explore her sexuality,
And emotions rushing through her blood;
The pleasure of his hand touching her body,
And his adventures into her fruitful domain.
As her tummy grew,
Her fears grew together with it.
With the father gone,
And disgrace borne.
She did not afford a hospital,
The midwife delivered her And handed her her God given gift,
Which later seemed like a curse once HIV started tormenting her;
And made her life a living hell.
She recieves punishment for the sins of the father.
A sexual partner of many
And a carrier of Aids,
Who like many,
Ignore the fight against HIV/AIDS.
Peter Daniel Phiri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Burdens Of HIV by Peter Daniel Phiri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- PH: Poetry Writing: In Poetry, Brian Johnston
- Moving Out, Adriana Avila
- The Main Ingredient, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Missing From Action, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- 12 Poems (English) from the Poetry Hat, sheena blackhall
- Owl & Handbag, sheena blackhall
- Lighthouse, sheena blackhall
- Human Touch, Mark R Slaughter
- Fishing Village, sheena blackhall
- Skull, Mark R Slaughter