Lured by the bait of a golden trap
Got down on the road for one quick snap
Season’s harvest lay the gleaming yield
Pains of seeding sprouted fulfilled!
May I take a shot of this wondrous show
Of homing the crop in its brightest glow
Would you mind if take a photo or two
To carry with me this freshest hue!
A hint of a smile broke her lipline
She said please don’t take any of mine
For the harvest can take as many you need
Of the pastures stretching far across the mead!
But as one you know bred in the city
Smart and scheming gainfully witty
I said the soil you must have perfectly tilled
To have reaped now this abundant yield!
Won’t hide my wish to you won’t lie
Some I would take home if you let me buy
To remind me of the glory of your toil
Spent on the farmland rewarded by the soil!
On her lips now broke a girl’s rippling laugh
Why sir I would give you of what we have enough
To give you some as gift would be a pleasure nice
Can’t stoop so low as to charge you a price!
She put in my bag some of her bumper yield
Her heart’s gift to a stranger his wishes fulfilled
As I drove away from her leaving her on her land
Through the window I saw love’s waving hand!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bumper Yield by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
Did you read them?
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
- A Piece Of My Love., Philip Mutuku
- I Am Time, Time, Indelible, Indestructib.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cambridge -Seat of Learning., Geoffrey Fafard
- Disharmony......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)