Lured by the bait of a golden trap
Got down on the road for one quick snap
Season’s harvest lay the gleaming yield
Pains of seeding sprouted fulfilled!
May I take a shot of this wondrous show
Of homing the crop in its brightest glow
Would you mind if take a photo or two
To carry with me this freshest hue!
A hint of a smile broke her lipline
She said please don’t take any of mine
For the harvest can take as many you need
Of the pastures stretching far across the mead!
But as one you know bred in the city
Smart and scheming gainfully witty
I said the soil you must have perfectly tilled
To have reaped now this abundant yield!
Won’t hide my wish to you won’t lie
Some I would take home if you let me buy
To remind me of the glory of your toil
Spent on the farmland rewarded by the soil!
On her lips now broke a girl’s rippling laugh
Why sir I would give you of what we have enough
To give you some as gift would be a pleasure nice
Can’t stoop so low as to charge you a price!
She put in my bag some of her bumper yield
Her heart’s gift to a stranger his wishes fulfilled
As I drove away from her leaving her on her land
Through the window I saw love’s waving hand!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bumper Yield by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I am for 'Yes'...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey