RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Warning annals of everlasting science, parading cadavers
down through the ages.
Filling life with decayed thoughtlessness, leaving all
sense in a pit of fire.
Forgotten leaves of yesterday, dry and crumbled, soiled
linen from the past.
Destroyed alien forgetfulness, sinned instead against a
class of human beings, wanting to be separated from them.
Forever falling down stone steps, filled with granite
hatred of lying lips.
Beckoning whomever will come forward, just to tear their
heart from between their ribs.
Holding nothing sacred, promises are made so that they
may be broken into everlasting pieces.
Floating through the atmosphere, never being able to put
them back again for sorrow has filled their place with
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Promises by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Gulls in the Wind, Betsy Sholl
- Let the Rain begin, Antonio Liao
- Scenes From the Rain! ! ! ! ! ! ! !, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Here, Betsy Sholl
- The Blue Eyed, Sadiqullah Khan
- The Tortoise, Betsy Sholl
- A Reflecting Mirror, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sanctuary, Naveed Khalid
- Angel of Dissent, Betsy Sholl
- The Queen Mary, Ima Ryma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
- Heather Burns
(1923 - 1998)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)