RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Warning annals of everlasting science, parading cadavers
down through the ages.
Filling life with decayed thoughtlessness, leaving all
sense in a pit of fire.
Forgotten leaves of yesterday, dry and crumbled, soiled
linen from the past.
Destroyed alien forgetfulness, sinned instead against a
class of human beings, wanting to be separated from them.
Forever falling down stone steps, filled with granite
hatred of lying lips.
Beckoning whomever will come forward, just to tear their
heart from between their ribs.
Holding nothing sacred, promises are made so that they
may be broken into everlasting pieces.
Floating through the atmosphere, never being able to put
them back again for sorrow has filled their place with
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Promises by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Poem of the Day
- Escaping Home, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Enjoying Conversations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- How Long A Breath of Moment Be...(r), Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Communicating Through Talent, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Moments Of Refreshing Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God., Th@ We N0t, sEaN nOrTh
- only Dfence against a rhythm - Boi, sEaN nOrTh
- Snuggle 2, Michael P. McParland
- ROAD FROM PARIS 1970, Terry Collett
- '' O '', Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR