RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Warning annals of everlasting science, parading cadavers
down through the ages.
Filling life with decayed thoughtlessness, leaving all
sense in a pit of fire.
Forgotten leaves of yesterday, dry and crumbled, soiled
linen from the past.
Destroyed alien forgetfulness, sinned instead against a
class of human beings, wanting to be separated from them.
Forever falling down stone steps, filled with granite
hatred of lying lips.
Beckoning whomever will come forward, just to tear their
heart from between their ribs.
Holding nothing sacred, promises are made so that they
may be broken into everlasting pieces.
Floating through the atmosphere, never being able to put
them back again for sorrow has filled their place with
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Promises by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
- Tree of life, Veronica Centeno
- Gil Scott Heron, Daniel Karbon
- Headache, Daniel Karbon
- Seeds, Edward Kofi Louis
- What Makes a DAD, John Masaitis
- Big Blue, Veronica Centeno
- Our Leader, Narendra Kuppan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson