RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Warning annals of everlasting science, parading cadavers
down through the ages.
Filling life with decayed thoughtlessness, leaving all
sense in a pit of fire.
Forgotten leaves of yesterday, dry and crumbled, soiled
linen from the past.
Destroyed alien forgetfulness, sinned instead against a
class of human beings, wanting to be separated from them.
Forever falling down stone steps, filled with granite
hatred of lying lips.
Beckoning whomever will come forward, just to tear their
heart from between their ribs.
Holding nothing sacred, promises are made so that they
may be broken into everlasting pieces.
Floating through the atmosphere, never being able to put
them back again for sorrow has filled their place with
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Promises by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- I Will Never Be You, Katy Rotundo
- True Love, Michael McParland
- The Thief, Tony Adah
- She Tore The Page With The Rose On It, mary douglas
- Lost Saints Wandered Through Forests Of .., mary douglas
- He's God Not A Waster., tolu ogundare
- At the touch of love...., Issah Osumanu
- Cry of the Heart, Issah Osumanu
- baby, you're the bed and breakfast i wan.., Mandolyn ...
- The Dream Of The Overland China, mary douglas