RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Warning annals of everlasting science, parading cadavers
down through the ages.
Filling life with decayed thoughtlessness, leaving all
sense in a pit of fire.
Forgotten leaves of yesterday, dry and crumbled, soiled
linen from the past.
Destroyed alien forgetfulness, sinned instead against a
class of human beings, wanting to be separated from them.
Forever falling down stone steps, filled with granite
hatred of lying lips.
Beckoning whomever will come forward, just to tear their
heart from between their ribs.
Holding nothing sacred, promises are made so that they
may be broken into everlasting pieces.
Floating through the atmosphere, never being able to put
them back again for sorrow has filled their place with
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken Promises by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- A.Blok, You are - the wild call.. - tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, As day so light... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, The Petersburg twilights..- tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- quotation # 4, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Thanks For What?, Liliana EL.
- Rosy Wind, Casey Jarrell
- Hate poem, Sahra Hussein
- Recalling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Clear, dear!, Edward Kofi Louis
- A great continent, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)