I tied the rope and set down the chair,
I finally give up, I finally don't care.
I've lost control, the pain's too much,
I've finally lost, I'm hard to the touch.
My heart has frozen, my world's gone cold,
who would guess I'm only 15-years-old?
I'm shaken and rattled and torn to the bone,
as I hang from the closet I struggle and moan.
The flash backs stream across my face,
I finally get back the memories I've misplaced.
I catch glimpses of happiness and pictures of fear,
I remember those I had once held dear.
Now it's too late and the air's almost gone,
the sun's coming up, and morning's just begun.
As my body slumps and finally gives away,
my father walks in and will remember this day.
It will be the day he missed his last chance,
he'll never forget that quick little glance.
Who would have known when my last day would be,
certainly not I, you, nor he.
Crystal Blanchette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken by Crystal Blanchette )
- Poet's mind, hasmukh amathalal
- Senses Flavorful Sounds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Behind everything, SALINI NAIR
- Fall Leaves, Leonard Dabydeen
- Rinsed Clean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Creating Photos, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If I Should Die Some Tuesday..., Frank Avon
- Transformed womaniser, Kwalo Voro
- Gathering Broken Glasses By I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Filling Self, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
((13 March 1941 – 9 August 2008)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)