I tied the rope and set down the chair,
I finally give up, I finally don't care.
I've lost control, the pain's too much,
I've finally lost, I'm hard to the touch.
My heart has frozen, my world's gone cold,
who would guess I'm only 15-years-old?
I'm shaken and rattled and torn to the bone,
as I hang from the closet I struggle and moan.
The flash backs stream across my face,
I finally get back the memories I've misplaced.
I catch glimpses of happiness and pictures of fear,
I remember those I had once held dear.
Now it's too late and the air's almost gone,
the sun's coming up, and morning's just begun.
As my body slumps and finally gives away,
my father walks in and will remember this day.
It will be the day he missed his last chance,
he'll never forget that quick little glance.
Who would have known when my last day would be,
certainly not I, you, nor he.
Crystal Blanchette's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken by Crystal Blanchette )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Those moments of weakness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- lost, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Apps, Phil Soar
- rapture, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Mind Games, Perveiz Ali
- dancing politics, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Always Open, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Right choice, hasmukh amathalal
- Marriage and morals., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- For her age, hasmukh amathalal