Hidden beauty shining within,
Who's to say that she wants him?
Temptation knocks to break her away,
Yet she lives to see another day.
Her heart stays locked up in a safe,
That's built of everything she seems to take.
She's a hidden beauty locked far away,
Who's to say if she still wants to stay?
Temptation is breaking her last will,
Yet she laughs and tries again still.
Her heart cowers as said safe breaks,
She's losing herself more and more everyday.
She was once a hidden away beauty,
But now she's hiding behind her small duty.
Temptation cracks open all of her that's left,
Tears her apart, takes away her breath.
She was a hidden beauty but now is gone,
Her life, so short, was a sad song.
They picked her apart piece by piece,
Until her last note was all she could speak.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hidden Beauty by Crystal Blanchette )
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath