Hidden beauty shining within,
Who's to say that she wants him?
Temptation knocks to break her away,
Yet she lives to see another day.
Her heart stays locked up in a safe,
That's built of everything she seems to take.
She's a hidden beauty locked far away,
Who's to say if she still wants to stay?
Temptation is breaking her last will,
Yet she laughs and tries again still.
Her heart cowers as said safe breaks,
She's losing herself more and more everyday.
She was once a hidden away beauty,
But now she's hiding behind her small duty.
Temptation cracks open all of her that's left,
Tears her apart, takes away her breath.
She was a hidden beauty but now is gone,
Her life, so short, was a sad song.
They picked her apart piece by piece,
Until her last note was all she could speak.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hidden Beauty by Crystal Blanchette )
- मीडिया, Priyanka Gupta
- The Daughter of the Earth - 19, gajanan mishra
- सीने में आग भरो, Aftab Alam
- Annoyance Generator, Christopher Withers
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(3rd April 19sixty)