The flames were blunt,
The rage was dry
The winter hot
And the summer was sly....
The spring was morose
The days long drawn
The ceaseless minutes
In the drunken morn.
My world unkempt
I, an untainted wretch
In a lifeless sketch! !
I wept aloud...
In agony, in pain
Shuddering and complaining
Of being disdained
How she came to me
And then trotted away
The sting of betrayal...
Piercing each day.
A sudden laughter
A mocking 'me'.....
I laughed at myself
In an immeasurable glee
I stood the same
Just the season was gone
The spring was generous
And the summer was warm
The eyes had been blinded
With false Love and hope
'She' was a mirage
With fleeting hours, she eloped
This bleeding pain and fervent passion
Ephemeral like a drifting day
These tears and my smiles..
All are just the brain's play! ! !
ritwika raha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken by ritwika raha )
- This is the only story of life, Aftab Alam
- Writing, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Little Experience, Karen Verdello
- Lunch, Karen Verdello
- Within The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Beige Cage, Karen Verdello
- Tus sueños en tu vida, Elizabeth Garcia
- The House Next Door, Karen Verdello
- Your Dreams In Your Life, Elizabeth Garcia
- Freedom in Love's Prison, Paul Hartal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)