The flames were blunt,
The rage was dry
The winter hot
And the summer was sly....
The spring was morose
The days long drawn
The ceaseless minutes
In the drunken morn.
My world unkempt
I, an untainted wretch
In a lifeless sketch! !
I wept aloud...
In agony, in pain
Shuddering and complaining
Of being disdained
How she came to me
And then trotted away
The sting of betrayal...
Piercing each day.
A sudden laughter
A mocking 'me'.....
I laughed at myself
In an immeasurable glee
I stood the same
Just the season was gone
The spring was generous
And the summer was warm
The eyes had been blinded
With false Love and hope
'She' was a mirage
With fleeting hours, she eloped
This bleeding pain and fervent passion
Ephemeral like a drifting day
These tears and my smiles..
All are just the brain's play! ! !
ritwika raha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken by ritwika raha )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra