The flames were blunt,
The rage was dry
The winter hot
And the summer was sly....
The spring was morose
The days long drawn
The ceaseless minutes
In the drunken morn.
My world unkempt
I, an untainted wretch
In a lifeless sketch! !
I wept aloud...
In agony, in pain
Shuddering and complaining
Of being disdained
How she came to me
And then trotted away
The sting of betrayal...
Piercing each day.
A sudden laughter
A mocking 'me'.....
I laughed at myself
In an immeasurable glee
I stood the same
Just the season was gone
The spring was generous
And the summer was warm
The eyes had been blinded
With false Love and hope
'She' was a mirage
With fleeting hours, she eloped
This bleeding pain and fervent passion
Ephemeral like a drifting day
These tears and my smiles..
All are just the brain's play! ! !
ritwika raha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken by ritwika raha )
- An Ode to a Salmon, Athena Hood
- नागिरो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Inner Solitude, Neela Nath
- I Don't Know, Akhtar Jawad
- My Sentimental Diversity, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Poetry, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Emerge.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Mirror, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Chasing True Dream, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- One For One, Gbolagade Taiwo
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)