The flames were blunt,
The rage was dry
The winter hot
And the summer was sly....
The spring was morose
The days long drawn
The ceaseless minutes
In the drunken morn.
My world unkempt
I, an untainted wretch
In a lifeless sketch! !
I wept aloud...
In agony, in pain
Shuddering and complaining
Of being disdained
How she came to me
And then trotted away
The sting of betrayal...
Piercing each day.
A sudden laughter
A mocking 'me'.....
I laughed at myself
In an immeasurable glee
I stood the same
Just the season was gone
The spring was generous
And the summer was warm
The eyes had been blinded
With false Love and hope
'She' was a mirage
With fleeting hours, she eloped
This bleeding pain and fervent passion
Ephemeral like a drifting day
These tears and my smiles..
All are just the brain's play! ! !
ritwika raha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken by ritwika raha )
- Think Me On That Train, Susan Lacovara
- Lovers, Tex T Sarnie
- The Big Picture, Tex T Sarnie
- You fill me, hasmukh amathalal
- I stashed my life, Aftab Alam
- the right self, RIC S. BASTASA
- Am I different?, gajanan mishra
- Drops on Earth, binod bastola
- On Her Bed She Lay, White Lily
- Agree for help, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)