The flames were blunt,
The rage was dry
The winter hot
And the summer was sly....
The spring was morose
The days long drawn
The ceaseless minutes
In the drunken morn.
My world unkempt
I, an untainted wretch
In a lifeless sketch! !
I wept aloud...
In agony, in pain
Shuddering and complaining
Of being disdained
How she came to me
And then trotted away
The sting of betrayal...
Piercing each day.
A sudden laughter
A mocking 'me'.....
I laughed at myself
In an immeasurable glee
I stood the same
Just the season was gone
The spring was generous
And the summer was warm
The eyes had been blinded
With false Love and hope
'She' was a mirage
With fleeting hours, she eloped
This bleeding pain and fervent passion
Ephemeral like a drifting day
These tears and my smiles..
All are just the brain's play! ! !
ritwika raha's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Broken by ritwika raha )
- The Journey #1, Heather Burns
- An Earthen Lamp, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Let me love you, gajanan mishra
- Leah Is Safe, Heather Burns
- Everyday Is Poetry, Abekah Emmanuel
- Run little boy, Noorjehan Khan
- Phone Line Died, Michael McParland
- Athena's ire, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Challenge, Afshan Fatima
- Renaissance, LALITHA JOSEPH
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anthropomorphism, Lenore Lee
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)