Geetima Baruah Sarma
We are born free,
Yet find ourselves,
Fastened with shackles.
Attachments confine us,
Inflict pain at times,
A search for solace sometimes.
We yearn to break free,
Escape and flee,
To somewhere unknown.
But can we live alone,
Or can we stay long,
In a place unknown?
Responsibilities summon us,
Relationships beckon us,
To bring us back to reality.
[Published in 'Boloji.com' on 23 September 2013]
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Break Free by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
- 'तस्वीर', Rahul Vyas
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)