Geetima Baruah Sarma
We are born free,
Yet find ourselves,
Fastened with shackles.
Attachments confine us,
Inflict pain at times,
A search for solace sometimes.
We yearn to break free,
Escape and flee,
To somewhere unknown.
But can we live alone,
Or can we stay long,
In a place unknown?
Responsibilities summon us,
Relationships beckon us,
To bring us back to reality.
[Published in 'Boloji.com' on 23 September 2013]
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Break Free by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri
- In Joyous Distress, Margaret Alice Second