Geetima Baruah Sarma
We are born free,
Yet find ourselves,
Fastened with shackles.
Attachments confine us,
Inflict pain at times,
A search for solace sometimes.
We yearn to break free,
Escape and flee,
To somewhere unknown.
But can we live alone,
Or can we stay long,
In a place unknown?
Responsibilities summon us,
Relationships beckon us,
To bring us back to reality.
[Published in 'Boloji.com' on 23 September 2013]
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Break Free by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Windermere, Paul Gerard Reed
- Vijay Vishal As An Indian English Poet, Bijay Kant Dubey
- American Bureaucracy, Darwin Henry Beuning
- An Old Man's Review.., richard harris
- Fallout from the War on Women, Donal Mahoney
- ETERNALITY, Satish Verma
- Rape, gajanan mishra
- In the End, Gandhi and King Were Murdered, Lawrence Beck
- Love's labor lost, PRIYANKA BHANDARKAR
- mens sana in corpore sano -a healthy mi.., Sadiqullah Khan