Little King of Sorrows
Made in vain,
Intentions pure and love so strong,
Replaced by waves of pain.
Of dreams that never came,
Nightmares that awake me,
In tears too real to tame.
Signs rained down upon us,
From the sea and land and air,
A blind man could have seen them,
Yet you left without a care.
Who am I to earn this fate;
From friend to love to foe?
So viciously led astray,
With nothing left to show.
No mercy to be shown my way.
No words to heal my heart.
Only bittersweet confusion,
And regrets from end to start.
I never asked to have it all,
Just a chance to show I care.
And this is what is left for me.
No goodness left to spare.
I'll never understand these things,
Which I've seen and felt from you.
For every broken heart you claim,
You can mark me down for two.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bittersweet Confusion by Little King of Sorrows )
- Gentle Laughter, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- PH: Nature: Canoeing the Mississippi #5, Brian Johnston
- Existence Of An Only Time, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Diwali..., DRASHI SHAH
- Season And Interest, George Egba
- Heart Turned To Stone, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Flying October, Vinaya Joseph
- অলস কবি, Yakub Ali
- Intimately Caressed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- চান যা পাবেন তা!, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)