Little King of Sorrows
Made in vain,
Intentions pure and love so strong,
Replaced by waves of pain.
Of dreams that never came,
Nightmares that awake me,
In tears too real to tame.
Signs rained down upon us,
From the sea and land and air,
A blind man could have seen them,
Yet you left without a care.
Who am I to earn this fate;
From friend to love to foe?
So viciously led astray,
With nothing left to show.
No mercy to be shown my way.
No words to heal my heart.
Only bittersweet confusion,
And regrets from end to start.
I never asked to have it all,
Just a chance to show I care.
And this is what is left for me.
No goodness left to spare.
I'll never understand these things,
Which I've seen and felt from you.
For every broken heart you claim,
You can mark me down for two.
© 2013 L.K.Sorrows
Little King of Sorrows's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bittersweet Confusion by Little King of Sorrows )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Touched by an Angel, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- the spoken, oskar hansen
- The may, Albert Basumatary
- where gloves meet skin, Mandolyn ...
- THE LAW, glen pugh
- A Butterfly Now, Kyle Schlicher
- To My Friend, A Sonnet, Luis Estable
- My Assignment.(limerick), BADMUS JUBRIL
- I Wait For You, Kyle Schlicher
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher