It lived on the wall when I was a child
It meant the world to me
I tried to sketch it on paper
For my aunt painted it, you see.
I pictured those birds fluttering about
A father and mother they were
When babies peeked their little heads out
My heart would feel such a stir.
Marilyn Lott's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Birdhouse Painting by Marilyn Lott )
- Having Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gardener, Naveed Khalid
- On Valentine, Naveed Khalid
- Radiant Night, Lilly Emery
- Christmas Eve, Naveed Khalid
- Keyboards Of Inner Piety, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- You & I, Naveed Khalid
- Newton's Sleep, Naveed Khalid
- Isle Of Man, Naveed Khalid
- Daylight Sunrises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak