Geetima Baruah Sarma
Enjoyment and feasting,
Building the ‘Bhelaghar’,
Pranks with the neighbour.
The morning after,
Obeisance to the God of fire,
Burning the tall ‘Meji’,
Made of bamboo and paddy.
‘Sunga pitha’, ‘kaath aloo’,
Customary delights of ‘Magh Bihu’,
With friends and families,
Flavours of Assamese delicacies.
[Published in ‘Poetreecreations’ on 8 September 2013]
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bhogali Bihu by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Start Afresh, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Am, Luc Leclaire
- PTSD, Jennifer Matthews
- The House On Mountain Peek, StarrLee Waterman
- Damaged Heart, StarrLee Waterman
- Wandering Lost Souls Homeless Outcasts, Terence G. Craddock
- one door, binod bastola
- Then and Now, John F. McCullagh
- A CELESTIAL PARTY, Romeo Della Valle
- restored, Mandolyn ...