She mixes and matched every outfit...
Now her clothes are perfect.
She brushes with care,
now her hair is perfect.
Brush, rise, swish, rise, floss, rise...
Now her teeth are perfect.
She washes her face, puts on her makeup...
Now her face is perfect.
Now she is completely perfect.
She smiles one last perfect smile
and starts her perfect day.
The weather was lovely and perfect...
then it stared to rain.
Her perfect dry-cleaned clolthes crinkled and shrunk.
Her perfect hair tangles and clumps
Her perfect teeth are covered in red lipstick.
Mascara and concealer are smeared down her perfect cheeks,
her lips are now pulled down into a not so perfect frown...
So much for perfection!
Kelly Curiel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Perfect by Kelly Curiel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Real Robber, Monojit Chatterjee
- Untitle II, Seira LNlee94
- Robbin Williams - RIP, krishnakumar chandrasekar nair
- Body and Spirit, Mwenyeji Spikes
- Abiding In Forgiveness, Mwenyeji Spikes
- A SPECIAL LANGUAGE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Other Side of the Gun, Vince Rogers
- Cruelty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My day in winter, Tiku akp
- The Inner Vault, Mwenyeji Spikes