She mixes and matched every outfit...
Now her clothes are perfect.
She brushes with care,
now her hair is perfect.
Brush, rise, swish, rise, floss, rise...
Now her teeth are perfect.
She washes her face, puts on her makeup...
Now her face is perfect.
Now she is completely perfect.
She smiles one last perfect smile
and starts her perfect day.
The weather was lovely and perfect...
then it stared to rain.
Her perfect dry-cleaned clolthes crinkled and shrunk.
Her perfect hair tangles and clumps
Her perfect teeth are covered in red lipstick.
Mascara and concealer are smeared down her perfect cheeks,
her lips are now pulled down into a not so perfect frown...
So much for perfection!
Kelly Curiel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Perfect by Kelly Curiel )
Poem of the Day
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- After Making Love We Hear Footsteps, Galway Kinnell
- Blackberry Eating, Galway Kinnell
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1927)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns