She mixes and matched every outfit...
Now her clothes are perfect.
She brushes with care,
now her hair is perfect.
Brush, rise, swish, rise, floss, rise...
Now her teeth are perfect.
She washes her face, puts on her makeup...
Now her face is perfect.
Now she is completely perfect.
She smiles one last perfect smile
and starts her perfect day.
The weather was lovely and perfect...
then it stared to rain.
Her perfect dry-cleaned clolthes crinkled and shrunk.
Her perfect hair tangles and clumps
Her perfect teeth are covered in red lipstick.
Mascara and concealer are smeared down her perfect cheeks,
her lips are now pulled down into a not so perfect frown...
So much for perfection!
Kelly Curiel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Perfect by Kelly Curiel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Ceremony, Marshall Gass
- Soliloquy, Brioney Leon
- Tingling, Marshall Gass
- The Light of Your Smile, Jeffrey Gonell
- limericks section (more to be added) f.., lee fones
- Because of my dream, Alex Adeoye
- O CRUEL AGGRESSORS! YOU CAN NOT BEND OR .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Puddles Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE MORE THAN WHAT W.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Rembrandt, Phil Soar