Lawrence S. Pertillar
Being Freed To Live Independently
They want the freedom to purchase guns.
But don't want a firing range to be built near them,
Feeling restrictions to them will come.
They want the criminals arrested,
And taken off the streets.
But a prison facility near them they don't want to see.
They want the government to step in,
And take care of their needs...
When the effects of Mother Nature,
Brings them to their knees.
They want what they want because they feel entitled.
But being freed to live independently,
No one seems to want to end their dependency.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being Freed To Live Independently by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma
- Of Apple Pie and Golden Bands, Monk E. Biz
- Poetic Vows, Sandra Feldman
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -53, Ronjoy Brahma
- emotions, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -52, Ronjoy Brahma
- Public Limited Company Scrap Heap Sold, Terence G. Craddock