Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Being Freed To Live Independently
They want the freedom to purchase guns.
But don't want a firing range to be built near them,
Feeling restrictions to them will come.
They want the criminals arrested,
And taken off the streets.
But a prison facility near them they don't want to see.
They want the government to step in,
And take care of their needs...
When the effects of Mother Nature,
Brings them to their knees.
They want what they want because they feel entitled.
But being freed to live independently,
No one seems to want to end their dependency.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.