Being A Father
Being A Father, appears easy though,
Is biologically and energetically,
The most expensive process,
Yet people would question,
The contribution of a father.
It has been, and it will be.
Though critical to foundation of,
Each family; acting as teachers and,
Coaches, mentors and role models,
They maybe men, who would push,
Towards the social understanding of,
Earned successes and granted failures.
Towards the end of the life, being a father,
Means a window of experience worth his age.
Sit with him, and you come to know the difference;
Experience in life is far better than universal education.
Savor the willful words of wisdom for,
They might be the savior of the outgoing world.
“I saw this at 10, and I can’t see this at 70.”
Tells you all, the changes that have been marked,
Naturally or otherwise, differences sorted and noted;
“You must have been the biggest unwise if you,
Did not lift a falling girl, she could have been a life changer.”
Faulted, admitted, Defaulted yet again to acknowledge thence;
Puts a brake on the thoughts as the world celebrates father’s day.
Sanjeev Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being A Father by Sanjeev Kumar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Dream Variations, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- ALL MY DAYS, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Siclliano, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Goodnight Kiss 3, Michael P. McParland
- Mona Lisa, The Enigmatic Masterpiece, Rajesh Thankappan
- A Dream Of Death, Luo Zhihai
- Why Life?, Sandra Feldman
- Adrenaline, Raihana Abdul Jabbar
- What was this feeling?, Sergio Jaime
- MERI PRAKRATI, Gunjan Panchal
- There Are So Many Things I Can Still Do, Shalom Freedman