Being A Father
Being A Father, appears easy though,
Is biologically and energetically,
The most expensive process,
Yet people would question,
The contribution of a father.
It has been, and it will be.
Though critical to foundation of,
Each family; acting as teachers and,
Coaches, mentors and role models,
They maybe men, who would push,
Towards the social understanding of,
Earned successes and granted failures.
Towards the end of the life, being a father,
Means a window of experience worth his age.
Sit with him, and you come to know the difference;
Experience in life is far better than universal education.
Savor the willful words of wisdom for,
They might be the savior of the outgoing world.
“I saw this at 10, and I can’t see this at 70.”
Tells you all, the changes that have been marked,
Naturally or otherwise, differences sorted and noted;
“You must have been the biggest unwise if you,
Did not lift a falling girl, she could have been a life changer.”
Faulted, admitted, Defaulted yet again to acknowledge thence;
Puts a brake on the thoughts as the world celebrates father’s day.
Sanjeev Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being A Father by Sanjeev Kumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Make in you, gajanan mishra
- In My Daydream, Margaret Alice Second
- UNTOLD JOURNEY, Satish Verma
- Ride the lion, gajanan mishra
- Flame, Nassy Fesharaki
- Travels On An Ox-Chart, Margaret Alice Second
- Mercy, save me., Darian Kalamerd
- ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ, Deepak Malapur
- A Cruel Hope, Praveen Nautiyal
- Our Vista, Hazel Durham