Being A Father
Being A Father, appears easy though,
Is biologically and energetically,
The most expensive process,
Yet people would question,
The contribution of a father.
It has been, and it will be.
Though critical to foundation of,
Each family; acting as teachers and,
Coaches, mentors and role models,
They maybe men, who would push,
Towards the social understanding of,
Earned successes and granted failures.
Towards the end of the life, being a father,
Means a window of experience worth his age.
Sit with him, and you come to know the difference;
Experience in life is far better than universal education.
Savor the willful words of wisdom for,
They might be the savior of the outgoing world.
“I saw this at 10, and I can’t see this at 70.”
Tells you all, the changes that have been marked,
Naturally or otherwise, differences sorted and noted;
“You must have been the biggest unwise if you,
Did not lift a falling girl, she could have been a life changer.”
Faulted, admitted, Defaulted yet again to acknowledge thence;
Puts a brake on the thoughts as the world celebrates father’s day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being A Father by Sanjeev Kumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Hello, man!, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Passage beyond, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In search of singularity, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- I am real, gajanan mishra
- God-Love The Great Sugar Cube, Monk E. Biz
- Guiding Through Turmoil, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cosmic luvgasmacomastoned! ! ! ! ! ! ! !.., Monk E. Biz
- Love, love, love, gajanan mishra
- Tunnels Of Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak