Being A Father
Being A Father, appears easy though,
Is biologically and energetically,
The most expensive process,
Yet people would question,
The contribution of a father.
It has been, and it will be.
Though critical to foundation of,
Each family; acting as teachers and,
Coaches, mentors and role models,
They maybe men, who would push,
Towards the social understanding of,
Earned successes and granted failures.
Towards the end of the life, being a father,
Means a window of experience worth his age.
Sit with him, and you come to know the difference;
Experience in life is far better than universal education.
Savor the willful words of wisdom for,
They might be the savior of the outgoing world.
“I saw this at 10, and I can’t see this at 70.”
Tells you all, the changes that have been marked,
Naturally or otherwise, differences sorted and noted;
“You must have been the biggest unwise if you,
Did not lift a falling girl, she could have been a life changer.”
Faulted, admitted, Defaulted yet again to acknowledge thence;
Puts a brake on the thoughts as the world celebrates father’s day.
Sanjeev Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Being A Father by Sanjeev Kumar )
- Assimilating Thoughts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 17 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- An Ode To Odes Of Olde (Love & Woe), Tad Russell
- 15 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Unknown Mysteries, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Folding Teardrops, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Tapped......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- September's Embrace, Albrando Lucino
- 10 March 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Boredom, Fatima Nusairat
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Sheldon Allan Silverstein
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)