RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Behind Closed Doors
Reining in emotions, not letting someone's words capture my
imagination, knowing that it's wrong to think of any particle
Solemnly watching and partaking of none of it at any time,
life is singly becoming itself in other realms, outside of
desires and love.
Nothing to be taken or gotten from unrealized dreams, left
by the wayside on lost horizons, next to nothing, lying in
possibilities on any level in this life.
Nevermore being thought, just written here in this poem for
a final time, to be seen and then forgotten.
Always to remain behind closed minds of intellect, never
rehearsed or realized because they are not of this particular
time and place.
Soothing nothing within, yet, leaving emptiness for all time,
because they are long forgotten.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind Closed Doors by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Kamikaze Heart, Kewayne Wadley
- 难道你真是一片云（ Don't you is really a cloud? ）, qin xing
- Assuring Voice, Somanathan Iyer
- Synchronization, SALINI NAIR
- Best World, Kolade Seun
- For you, rest in peace, Cigeng Zhang
- Moon Beams, Yohan Confectioner
- Falling Through, Claudia Scott
- City Of Angels, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Everything is Measured, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns