RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Behind Closed Doors
Reining in emotions, not letting someone's words capture my
imagination, knowing that it's wrong to think of any particle
Solemnly watching and partaking of none of it at any time,
life is singly becoming itself in other realms, outside of
desires and love.
Nothing to be taken or gotten from unrealized dreams, left
by the wayside on lost horizons, next to nothing, lying in
possibilities on any level in this life.
Nevermore being thought, just written here in this poem for
a final time, to be seen and then forgotten.
Always to remain behind closed minds of intellect, never
rehearsed or realized because they are not of this particular
time and place.
Soothing nothing within, yet, leaving emptiness for all time,
because they are long forgotten.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind Closed Doors by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Amelia, My Brother's Cat, Deborah Eker
- First Trimester, Donal Mahoney
- erotic terminology, lee fones
- The place of defeat, Terry Mitchison
- Father: Every Morning of His Life, Donal Mahoney
- Winter here الشتاء هنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Inference to All Our Years of Walk, N.K. Trevor
- A Sunny Day, Deborah Eker
- A Rainy Day, Deborah Eker
- The Rabbit With The Habit, Deborah Eker
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)