RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Behind Closed Doors
Reining in emotions, not letting someone's words capture my
imagination, knowing that it's wrong to think of any particle
Solemnly watching and partaking of none of it at any time,
life is singly becoming itself in other realms, outside of
desires and love.
Nothing to be taken or gotten from unrealized dreams, left
by the wayside on lost horizons, next to nothing, lying in
possibilities on any level in this life.
Nevermore being thought, just written here in this poem for
a final time, to be seen and then forgotten.
Always to remain behind closed minds of intellect, never
rehearsed or realized because they are not of this particular
time and place.
Soothing nothing within, yet, leaving emptiness for all time,
because they are long forgotten.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Behind Closed Doors by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- JULEKALENDER # VI, Gunnar Mo.
- Reflection, Viviana Helianos
- Loveliest friend the life., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Artist, Phil Soar
- Transcending love, Viviana Helianos
- JULEKALENDER # V, Gunnar Mo.
- Those moments of weakness, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- lost, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI
- Apps, Phil Soar
- rapture, ABAYOMI OGUNNIYI