James Joyce (2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941 / Dublin / Ireland)
Because Your Voice Was at My Side
Because your voice was at my side
I gave him pain,
Because within my hand I held
Your hand again.
There is no word nor any sign
Can make amend -- -
He is a stranger to me now
Who was my friend.
Poet Other Poems
- A Flower Given to My Daughter
- A Memory of the Players in a Mirror at M...
- A Prayer
- All Day I Hear the Noise of Waters
- At That Hour
- Be Not Sad
- Because Your Voice Was at My Side
- Bid Adieu to Maidenhood
- Bright Cap and Streamers
- Dear Heart, Why Will You Use Me So?
- Ecce Puer
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.