There lies a beast within,
My body its den,
The monster all but awakened.
Its anger comes through me,
Ferociousness consumes me,
We are locked in continuity.
What I would do to rid myself of this curse...
The demon that shows not to be of this earth.
I am losing control, its power too strong.
Its cry the successor of the Siren's song.
To rid myself of this evil, one thing must be done.
So I look to the sky, at my last glimpse of the sun.
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beast by Devon McElveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Brooding, Michael McParland
- In The Bliss..., John Ugolo Umah
- Breathing Space, Michael McParland
- Breaking Free, Michael McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael McParland
- Another One, John Ugolo Umah
- Blackness, Michael McParland
- Better, Michael McParland
- God is so much greater than circumstances!, Shaila Touchton
- Blowing Time, John Ugolo Umah