There lies a beast within,
My body its den,
The monster all but awakened.
Its anger comes through me,
Ferociousness consumes me,
We are locked in continuity.
What I would do to rid myself of this curse...
The demon that shows not to be of this earth.
I am losing control, its power too strong.
Its cry the successor of the Siren's song.
To rid myself of this evil, one thing must be done.
So I look to the sky, at my last glimpse of the sun.
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Beast by Devon McElveen )
- MY WORDS AND HER WORDS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Ode To B.J Azang, Tony Adah
- So Many Hummingbirds, Donal Mahoney
- SENRYU (5-7-5) 12, Aftab Alam
- Reaching For Desires, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A centennary - -, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- YES! ! (to N.), John Thorkild Ellison
- Bee, Nassy Fesharaki
- Mulk Raj Anand As I Saw Him, Knew Him, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Triku II, Steve Kittell