Lawrence S. Pertillar
Those who say to convince when said,
No time for themselves do they have?
And it is observed they do their best,
Just for others with a getting of little rest.
How unfortunate is it,
To have a life lived doing for others...
Without a 'thanks' expressed,
Heard from them to give and made.
A known appreciation stated to make,
Saves one from frustration on a daily basis.
Especially for those with no time for themselves,
To realize they can take it and the doing is okay!
'I feel so selfish when I take time for myself.'
~I 'use' to feel that same way.~
'What did you do? '
~Decided one day not to feel that way again.
When I noticed others taking my time,
To make me their fool and at my expense.~
'That's being selfish.'
~I encourage you to do the same thing.
Others may not like it,
You will recognize immediately,
The benefits you'll get from it.~
I like that already.'
~Be careful as well.
Too much of it can be addicting.
Although I will admit I am an addict.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Missed by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 March 1819 – 1889)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Candadi Kelidara Vistara, Shishunala Sharif
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Beautiful Inside, Paul Holmes
Poem of the Day
- Afghanistanstuck, Ima Ryma
- To Speak With You II, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Speak With You, Edward Kofi Louis
- Virtuous Acts, Leong Ming Loong
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan