Lawrence S. Pertillar
Those who say to convince when said,
No time for themselves do they have?
And it is observed they do their best,
Just for others with a getting of little rest.
How unfortunate is it,
To have a life lived doing for others...
Without a 'thanks' expressed,
Heard from them to give and made.
A known appreciation stated to make,
Saves one from frustration on a daily basis.
Especially for those with no time for themselves,
To realize they can take it and the doing is okay!
'I feel so selfish when I take time for myself.'
~I 'use' to feel that same way.~
'What did you do? '
~Decided one day not to feel that way again.
When I noticed others taking my time,
To make me their fool and at my expense.~
'That's being selfish.'
~I encourage you to do the same thing.
Others may not like it,
You will recognize immediately,
The benefits you'll get from it.~
I like that already.'
~Be careful as well.
Too much of it can be addicting.
Although I will admit I am an addict.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Missed by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Not the One, Dean Meredith
- Bobwhite Calling, Kyle Schlicher
- Life, Death, Love! (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Bombs And Rain, Kyle Schlicher
- Prime Reasoning, F. J. Thomas
- Lets Try Again (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Let's Make Those Sad Tears Disappear (Se.., Ronald Chapman