Lawrence S. Pertillar
Those who say to convince when said,
No time for themselves do they have?
And it is observed they do their best,
Just for others with a getting of little rest.
How unfortunate is it,
To have a life lived doing for others...
Without a 'thanks' expressed,
Heard from them to give and made.
A known appreciation stated to make,
Saves one from frustration on a daily basis.
Especially for those with no time for themselves,
To realize they can take it and the doing is okay!
'I feel so selfish when I take time for myself.'
~I 'use' to feel that same way.~
'What did you do? '
~Decided one day not to feel that way again.
When I noticed others taking my time,
To make me their fool and at my expense.~
'That's being selfish.'
~I encourage you to do the same thing.
Others may not like it,
You will recognize immediately,
The benefits you'll get from it.~
I like that already.'
~Be careful as well.
Too much of it can be addicting.
Although I will admit I am an addict.~
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Missed by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Concepts 27, Somanathan Iyer
- More Time, Babatunde Aremu
- The Daughter of the Earth - 30, gajanan mishra
- Last Farewell, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- Travel China Haiku - Chengdu spices, john tiong chunghoo
- Travel China Haiku - - A wealthy China, john tiong chunghoo
- Autumnal, Lawrence Beck
- Blinding Trust, Nick Kler
- I was falling, Rohan Nath
- The Moon And Me, Mallika Achuthan Menon
Poem of the Day
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Len Webster's 'Happiness', Len Webster
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- The Lesson, Roger McGough
- A Devoted Teacher, Joseph T. Renaldi
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(November 9 - 1937)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Robert Louis Stevenson