Be Heedful of Necessity
As you simplify your life
from past and present changes,
be afraid of nothing, but necessity,
for it is the journey that matters most.
It may take many wonderful ways
or days of bitterness and resentment,
but to travel in the right direction
things will simply happen.
We will change and overcome our problems
and be ourselves without really knowing
that love was letting go of fear,
so laugh and let life stand aside for just a while.
Look in that misty mirror
and see reflections looking back,
direct your dreams in the eyes of the beholder
and you will join with certainty the 'caravan of love'.
John Scully's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be Heedful of Necessity by John Scully )
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis
- Think and act, hasmukh amathalal
- Drought, Edward Kofi Louis
- And here we part, Nalini Chaturvedi
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Follow The Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR