Between The Darkness and The Light
Does the heart moment and explore abstractions
or is it just flesh and blood, a pumping station?
That it can grow radiant and resplendent,
that I am sure, not just seeking to extend our lives.
It's internal hidden caverns and caves
that break love, beauty, old and new.
Does have some strange union with a GOD who made it,
does it stop suddenly to think, 'I've had enough'?
or is it just the 'Man' above who needs us more than we would care.
It might just stop, but something more happens
our earthly life takes a rest, and overshadowed by mortality
welcomes the distant beings that 'He' wanted us to be.
a sort of 'Numinous', a 'Nirvana' in time for Easter Day.
John Scully's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between The Darkness and The Light by John Scully )
- because you doubted it, RIC S. BASTASA
- The curving world's edge (Passion Sonnet), Gert Strydom
- Could My Calm Coax You, Susan Lacovara
- At times we are only set on passing (Ame.., Gert Strydom
- The Implementation Is Seldom Unchanged, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Clean India Campaign, Dr John Celes
- Holy Journey, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MISSION, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life's Numbers, Randy McClave
- Imagining Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)