Between The Darkness and The Light
Does the heart moment and explore abstractions
or is it just flesh and blood, a pumping station?
That it can grow radiant and resplendent,
that I am sure, not just seeking to extend our lives.
It's internal hidden caverns and caves
that break love, beauty, old and new.
Does have some strange union with a GOD who made it,
does it stop suddenly to think, 'I've had enough'?
or is it just the 'Man' above who needs us more than we would care.
It might just stop, but something more happens
our earthly life takes a rest, and overshadowed by mortality
welcomes the distant beings that 'He' wanted us to be.
a sort of 'Numinous', a 'Nirvana' in time for Easter Day.
John Scully's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between The Darkness and The Light by John Scully )
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)